Saturday, December 29, 2007

MTNL Broadband in Delhi

I was using an Airtel Broadband connection in Hyderabad last year and was pretty satisfied with their service. After shifting to Delhi, I wanted to get an Airtel connection again but unfortunately they do not provide telephone/broadband services in my area. Tried Tata Indicom also, but no luck there too.

So finally I decided to go with MTNL Triband and requested a connection on 25th August 2007. Its been 4 months and after a number of calls and mails I have still not been given a connection. I went to the MTNL office last week and they told me that the 'ports' are not available in my area and I will get a connection only if someone else releases their connection. This is really funny and I suggest anyone who wants to go for an MTNL Broadband connection to first ask their Local MTNL telephone exchange whether there is a possibility of getting a connection anytime soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like its the same case everywhere. I faced similar problems here in Bangalore... http://blog.kapilchhabra.com/2008/05/getting-a-broadband-connection-in-bangalore

Bhanu said...

MTNL is a sister concern company of BSNL and comes under Central Govt... The customer base of MTNL is nearly 5.92 million. And from past few years the graph is going down even if the Indian Govt. is spending too much of huge amount to uplift the customer base, but still the graph is going down and the main reason is their “GREAT SERVICES”. The MTNL lineman don’t have enough idea to configure even a modem and to solve a single complaint they take nearly 1 month or more because the don’t have enough workforce and the coverage area is very big. And when you see the MTNL exchange you become shocked to see their exchange, made of HUWIA equipments, and when you see the AIRTEL exchange you will find Ericson equipments just because the cost of HUWAI equipments are nearly half then Ericson.
Basically they have two type of exchange one is for 256 Kbps and one for above 256Kbps, if you buy plan for above 256 then you may get good response because for that only they use Ericson exchange.
I don’t know why the Govt. change the plan to get more customer and spend a huge amount in ads, the salary of lineman is nearly 15000/-, I think this is a total waste. Customers are very much frustrated from MTNL. If you visit the MTNL exchange you will find many customers shouting on the Area Manager. MY personal experience with MTNL was pathetic and now I switched to another services provider and now I am very much satisfied.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.